Aug 22, 2005

Salma Hayek

Salma Hayek is one of my favourite latino ladies on my list. Therefore, she is the perfect candidate for me to correct the mistake of not showcasing any latinas on Babe Theory.com as yet. Why do I say it's a mistake? In my opinion, latin women have the heads up on most people to become babes because they are regarded as hot-blooded women, the hot tamale with fire in their belly, most often mistaken for being opinionated and strong willed. Whether this is a stereotypical myth, it certainly is the right attitude for starters when thinking about our Salma!

Salma started humbly in theatre productions, commercials and Mexican daytime soap series. She was quickly embraced by the Mexican audience but decided to persue a bigger market; moving to California. She broke out in terrific fashion in her debut, 'Desperado', with a sizzling sexy performance. More minor roles came for Selma but it was that unforgettable snake dance scene that she performed in Tarantino's 'From Dusk 'Till Dawn' that cemented her iconic sex symbol status. That image is forever burnt into my mind as well as many others!

Salma got her first leading role starring opposite Matthew Perry in the romantic comedy, 'Fools Rush In', which by the way is one of my favourtie movies in that genre. She didn't have to venture far from her hispanic roots as she displayed all the essential qualities a latina babe would have to possess. One look at the movie and I think you will agree with me about those qualities. Other notable movies where I've seen Salma are 'Wild Wild West' (a commercial decision but one that wasted her talents), and Kevin Smith's 'Dogma'. She can be my heavenly muse anytime!

Salma is a dedicated actress who put her heart into her craft. oen simple has to enjoy her inspiring performance in 'Frida' to realize she cares more about the movie than keeping up her sex icon image. In this day and age where stars pick and choose the roles that will keep them in the limelight, Selma shows that she's too much of a babe for all that nonsense. You couldn't keep Selma down even if you want to, perhaps a tribute to her red-blooded latino heritage!

Being young and beautiful, Salma is a well-known party fanatic in the hollywood scene. The girl knows how to have fun, but she does it with class! The paparazzi, who are constantly on the prowl for the next party related scandal, has really not had the button on Salma. Although, I'm not so certain about partying celebrities (as you rarely see them mentioned on Babe Theory), I submit that her maturity puts her in a much higher category.

Salma never forgets her root, and has returned to Mexico for various projects. Salma has always been a major supporter of the artistic community in Mexico. She has been decorated with awards for her acting talent. She has an impeccable sense of style and has been named one of the best dressed by People magazine. She went out briefly with Ed Norton, another favourite actor of mine, but unfortunately (or fortunately) parted ways recently.

Here's a story about Salma that should convince you of her babe worthiness. Salma has told how she was kidnapped at gunpoint and held for ransom - and loved it; she said "They put a gun to my head and I said, kill me. I believe in reincaranation. I'll just come back". Do you see what I mean now? What a dynamite babe!

No comments: